Oh-so-easy-to-make-cheesecake recommended by the tasteful Mrs. M. My mother said that it’s the most delicious thing I’ve baked, EVER!
(use a 18cm spring-form tin)
100g digestive biscuits
40 g unsalted butter
250g cream cheese
90g granulated sugar
1 cup/200ml double cream
3 tbsp sifted plain flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. Line the cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Put biscuits in a plastic bag and roughly crush with a rolling pin.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan on slow heat and mix with biscuit crumbs.
4. Pour biscuit mix to the tin and press down gently to make the base. Preheat
oven to 170’C.
5. In a bowl, add cream cheese and beat till soft with an electric mixer. Add the rest of the ingredients in order, mixing each one thoroughly before adding the next ingredient.
6. Continue beating until the mixture thickens. Pour into cake tin. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes until top is golden brown. Remove and leave to cool.
7. Once cooled, remove from tin, discard lining and leave on a rack to cool completely.